Friday 12 November 2010

group wh(y)


Sausages in the pan, agitated popping.
‘Why d’you hit him with that bat?’
‘I didn’t, no.’
‘You did.’
‘Never.’
‘Then how come he in hospital?’
‘Accident.’
He spits, knowing she hates it. She tuts.
‘Oh he just run into that bat, huh?’
‘Yep.’
Staring competition, line drawn between them.
‘Don’t you lie to me.’
‘Lie? Never.’
‘Don’t you-ʼ
‘Never I say. Listen.’
Sausages flipped, fireworks, 5th November.
‘I listen every time.’
‘What?’
Crescendo.
‘I say I listen every time.’
‘And what?’
‘And every time is lies’.
Lithium in a sweaty fist.
‘What?’
‘You heard.’
Blink.
‘Every time is lies?’
‘Every time. Lies.’
Blink twice, exhale.
‘Well.’
Rises, giant in this small room.
‘Mm.’
Eye of the –
‘sorry.’
‘Wh-what?’
‘You heard.’

Smile
Two long strides
His kiss burns between her eyes.
A target mark, practice later.


No comments:

Post a Comment